Monday, May 4, 2009

Feather Lamps

images via Trianon

I've been seeing feather lamps around a lot lately. I haven't attempted it, but I'm thinking this could be a DIY project. You could just cover a plain shade or paper lantern. Attaching individual feathers would probably take forever, so I'm thinking feather boas instead. And for the record - I would like the second lamp much better if it was just white and didn't have those black feathers sticking out of it.

BTW - anybody got a suggestion on the best way to dust these things?

4 comments:

  1. "And for the record - I would like the second lamp much better if it was just white and didn't have those black feathers sticking out of it."

    I just realized this makes me sound like some kind of feather racist. I just mean that I like one solid color without the sticky-outy contrasting feathers. Black feathers are in every way equal to white feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, feather duster, duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Britt! I totally walked right into that one, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could try a can of compressed air. You can find compressed air at office supply stores.

    Maybe it'd ruffle the feathers too much though.

    ReplyDelete