Friday, June 26, 2009

The one-day bathroom makeover

before


before

Last year for my sister's birthday I made over her bathroom. She left for work in the morning when she came home it was done. I'd done all the shopping days earlier, so I guess technically it took longer than a day. She already had blue and brown towels and she wanted to keep that as the color scheme. Her only other request was more storage. See the results below:


after


after


I added the wall cabinet and lacquered box, which made it possible to get pretty much all the clutter off the counter. I also bought a white patterned hand towel that matched the new Jonathon Adler shower curtain. The new wood bath mat wears so much better than her old fuzzy one. Now what do I get her for her next birthday...

Sources:

Brian Gluckstein cabinet & lacquered box, Jonathan Adler shower curtain & hand towel, all from Home Outfitters

wood floor mat from Urban Barn

2 comments:

  1. Just saw your comment on I Suwannee and thought you might be interested in this... It's no Anthro dress- but the same look.

    http://www.lulus.com/products/Little+Sparkler+Dress+in+Green/12786.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know about this site? And they ship to Canada! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete