Friday, July 10, 2009

Oh My Malm.

Like seemingly 99.9% of the population, I have the Malm Bed from Ikea. (Mine's white.) I've always liked it for its clean lines and low profile. The only thing I neglected to consider about this low profile is how impossible it makes it to store my crap under it. (A fact I was reminded of today while trying to clean out my closet and find a place to stash my winter clothes.) I looked everywhere for storage containers flat enough to fit. The only thing I found that worked was to get some of these jobbies and not fill them too full to squish under the bed frame. A little tip: attach a piece of foamcore to the bottom of the bag so it will slide easier - especially on carpet.

1 comment:

  1. I too have the white Malm bed and you inspired to me go out and buy storage bags to put all my shoes in! I can now pull out the bags and look at all my shoes instead of having to get out the broom to fish them out of the center:-))) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete