Saturday, January 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home


It's been a rather stressful week. I have not just one, but three spectacular leaks in my ceiling. There are buckets and towels all over my kitchen - a room I haven't really been able to use since Sunday. My ceiling is damaged, as are my walls, baseboards, and floor. The roofer's previous patch attempts have clearly failed, and while it's the responsibility of our condo company to handle the repairs, I worry about how long it's going to take and what kind of ordeal it will be. Fun times. But as upsetting as it is, I know it could be much, much worse. As my best friend reminds me, at least I have a roof over my head (albeit a leaky one). Yes, I have to remember all those in Haiti who have lost their homes - and sadly, many have lost much more than that. So I'm going to keep things in perspective and make a donation to the Red Cross to help those whose problems are so much more real than mine. I suggest everyone reading this do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment