Friday, February 19, 2010

It was all good.


Soooooo, last night was the Speed Design event. I would love to show you some swell photos from the evening, but as I've mentioned before I'm a crap photographer and I won't assault your eyes with my lame attempts. For the inaugural evening it all seemed to go pretty smoothly and the turnout was quite good. The general concensus from everyone I spoke to was that it's a brilliant idea, and both the designers and attendees were excited to be a part of it.

As I wandered around and maybe ever so slightly evesdropped on the occasional consultation, I could see the attendees were making the absolute most of their 45 minutes. (They each got three 15 minute consults). We're talking folders full of photos and drawings and swatches. These people weren't messing around. But it certainly looked like the designers were ready for them.

The BoConcept store looks great, too. Neutral furnishings punctuated by pops of vibrant color in the art and accessories. Lots of black stained wood, which is a refreshing alternative to all the espresso we've been seeing for so long, and some great walnut pieces too. I'm a total sucker for walnut.

If you didn't make it out last night but you're thinking "hey, I'm intrigued by this Speed Design thing. How can I learn more?" Then you may like to know that at next weekend's Home & Garden Show there will be a Speed Design feature on the HGTV main stage - Saturday at 4pm. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment