Monday, November 22, 2010

I know! Why don't I spend another weekend painting!?



Yeah, so after I repainted all my cabinets the countertops really looked like crap. I was hoping to replace them, but if I want money left to, you know, like, feed myself and stuff, it just isn't an option right now. So.... I took the plunge and painted them, too. I know that painting countertops seems like a risky undertaking, but according to numerous websites it's doable. I used the same melamine paint I used on the cabinets, and so far it seems to have worked. I'm showing you the bathroom, but I did the same in the kitchen. Not the most durable option in the world, but I don't cut on my counters or anything. And if I'm really being honest, I don't even really cook. They don't have to last forever, just until I can afford to replace them. And it really does look way better than the speckled gray laminate that was there before. The solid white does show everything, but it's actually a good motivator for me to keep them clean.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I didn't know this was an option....could be a serious project for my purply rental washroom counters. Although I did promise my boyfriend I'd be on a decor fast for the next little while...

    ReplyDelete