Monday, April 4, 2011

My New "Dresser"

The doors before

I drilled holes in the middle and added cabinet knobs. Then I used contact cement to attach ceiling medallions and added a bead of caulking around the edges to fill in any gaps. (The knobs and ceiling medallions I got at Home Depot.)

The finished product

My bedroom isn't really what you would call spacious. I like to think of it as cozy. I needed a dresser, but placing one in front of my baseboard heaters would take up too much space. I found these wall cabinets at Ikea and mounted two of them above the baseboards. The doors needed a little something, so I added cabinet knobs and attached ceiling medallions to dress them up. Now I just need to tweak what's going on above the cabinets. I think I might repaint the mirror again. I just need to decide on a color...

No comments:

Post a Comment