Monday, August 15, 2011

There is progress!



Okay, so I finally have some pics to show of my place. (Sorry about the quality. Too much coffee = jittery hands = slightly blurry photos.) But look! Pretty decent, right? In case you've forgotten what it looked like before I bought it, here's a reminder:


So what have I done? Had the walls repainted, replaced the appliances, painted the cabinets and bought new cabinet hardware. Painted the countertops (with melamine paint that is holding up not too badly. This was really meant to be a temporary fix until I can afford new counters.) I covered the chipped white backsplash tiles with mosaic Smart Tiles. So easy - just cut, peel & stick! Other than the appliances, I didn't spend much money. Some paint, inexpensive cabinet hardware from Ikea, Smart Tiles from Home Depot, and a few inexpensive plates on the wall to add a bit of color. (Really inexpensive - the red & white one was $2 at Home Sense.) Has my fresh new kitchen inspired me to cook more? One step at a time people, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment