Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm just not sure how I feel about this...


So you know those toilet paper roll covers that Cottonelle has been advertising? I have to say that I really thought this was a dumb idea and a lame marketing ploy - this whole "respect the role" thing. I honestly didn't think people were going to seriously buy these things. Then I'm watching TV yesterday, and there is a new Cottonelle commercial advertising these TP covers designed by... Jonathan Adler!? I. Just. I mean. What? I like Jonathan Adler. I think he is a talented designer - bright, cheery, and fun. But licensing his patterns for toilet paper covers? Really? Is J.A. just in it for the money or is he really a supporter of roll covering? Maybe this is just his sense of humor. Or maybe I just need a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment